Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday of week two

I can't believe it's week two already. The thought of packing up for the drive home at the end of this week is just too much to think about. The weather is spectacular and for the next five days, it's going to be in the low 80's. Wonderful!!

Today we headed to Largo, hoping to see Roger and Maureen; however, Mike isn't into phoning ahead and as a result, we found their driveway empty and only the golf cart standing guard. I also missed out on getting Maureen's coupons from Joann's which she wouldn't be using anyway. Seeing them gone, we headed to Dunedin to Rainbow's End which was on my wish list for this trip. I haven't been there before and I know some of you have...also I haven't been to Keepsake Quilting. You may or may not agree...Rainbow's End is one beautiful quilt store. After doing some damage there, we headed back to Largo and one or two more checks at the Smith's abode with no luck. Then to Sweet Tomato for a great lunch. The last time we were there, I met a lady dragging a bag behind her which contained her late husband's ashes. She volunteered this information to me, in the ladies room!! It was my chuckle for the day. Nothing like that today but we had a great lunch and headed back. Great traffic again today. WE have been lucky the past two days.

Tomorrow we are having lunch with John and Judy in Kissemmee and then to Maggianos with Chris and Laura. That will put Tuesday in the bag.

I am pretty well done shopping till Maine. Getting a bit weary of the stores and seeing the same things in many places. I have bought a few things: Ann Taylor of course; some capris and shorts and of course, a few shirts. A few home things. I still have to go to Whole Foods to check off a few things and in Maine I will get the pablano peppers. The list goes on; in Maine I am looking for fabric bargains. I got none of those today so I will deserve a few when we get there!!

Hope your day is great. HOpe the snow is gone!!! The holiday continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment